Anvil Game Studios
Based in Malta
September 21st, 2017
Holdfast: Nations At War is an online multiplayer first and third person shooter focusing on a combination of teamwork and individual skill. Take part in historic clashes on land and at sea waged by the most powerful nations during the great Napoleonic Era. Charge into battle with over 150 players per server!
Development on Anvil Game Studios’ debut title ‘Holdfast: Nations At War’ officially started in June 2014. The idea was to create a competitive and teamwork oriented multiplayer game inspired by the Napoleonic Era. This setting meant that the game's mechanics were developed based on the tools of the time; muskets, cannon and warships from the golden age of sail. After the game's successful Early Access launch on September the 21st 2017, the team is now placing their entire focus towards its full release.
- Join the Navy - Experience what it’s like to be a crew member on board a military sailing ship. Raise the sails, fire the cannons, test the water depths and cooperate to keep your vessel afloat!
- Enlist in the Army - Work with your comrades to storm enemy fortifications, support the fight from the rear with artillery fire or keep the line steady in open field battles and lead your men to victory!
- Class System - Play as a Captain, Sailor, Line Infantry and more! Every class comes with its own traits and roles which are crucial for your team’s survival.
- Challenging Combat - Whether you are manning cannon, firing a musket or swinging a sword, Holdfast: NaW's combat mechanics are easy to learn but hard to master. Skill is rewarded via a precision and timing based directional melee combat system that puts players’ reflexes and dexterity to the test.
- Competitive Play - There will be plenty of chances for you and your mates to take on other groups in tournaments and fierce competitive events. Hone your skills because you can be sure that your opponents will too!
Holdfast: Nations At War - Announcement Trailer YouTube
Prussia release trailer. A faction voted in by the community. YouTube
Cannoneer Class. Make ready the guns as the teamplay oriented artillery mechanics are here! YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "IndieDB's 2017 Indie of the Year Top 10" - Holdfast: NaW
- "Steam's Best of 2017 New Releases" - Holdfast: NaW
- "Best Creative Enterprise 2018 by the Malta Art Awards" Holdfast: NaW
Holdfast: Nations At War - Developer Blogs
Visit the following link for a look at all the developer blogs related to the game released thus far: holdfastgame.com.
About Anvil Game Studios
Anvil Game Studios is a game development company based in Malta with an international team of passionate individuals. We are currently independently developing and producing our debut title ‘Holdfast: Nations At War’ - A competitive multiplayer first and third person shooter set during the Napoleonic Era. Massive battles with over 150 players per server take place in the game.
More information on Anvil Game Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Holdfast: Nations at War Credits
Lead 3D Artist
Senior Programmer - 13th August 2018
Programmer - 13th August 2018
UI Designer, Freelance