Holdfast: Nations At War has been updated! Game Version 0.18 will bring with it the much-requested multiple rounds for the Melee Arena game mode, an announcer that broadcasts your glorious achievements in the arena, multiple bug fixes, optimisations and changes based on community feedback.
Melee Arena. Multiple Rounds
After the release of the Melee Arena game mode, we received plenty of requests from our community asking for this mode to support multiple rounds. A match can end relatively quickly especially when skilled players are involved!
The victor in the Melee Arena game mode is now determined based on the number of rounds won before the match ends. Players will play a total of 15 rounds before switching to the next map significantly reducing the wait time between rounds.
We’ve also made sure that the number of rounds played is configurable by server administrators. It’ll certainly come in handy for all those good folks hosting melee oriented tournaments.
Melee Arena Official Servers
- Anvil Game Studios Official EU4 - Melee Arena
- Anvil Game Studios Official NA4 - Melee Arena
Melee Arena. Announcer
Let others know of your glorious achievements in the Melee Arena game mode! As you ramp up your kill streak, an announcer will broadcast your name to everyone in the match. This feature wouldn’t have been fully complete if it wasn’t voice-acted so we made sure to get that in with this update as well.
Here’s a look at what the announcer will broadcast based on the kill streak that you gather. It is going to be quite a challenge to achieve some of them!
Announcer Kill Streaks
- Kill 3 Players In A Round - Killing Spree!
- Kill 4 Players In A Round - Dominating!
- Kill 5 Players In A Round - Unstoppable!
- Kill 6 Players In A Round - Oh, That’s Brutal!!
Optimisation & Bug Fixes
A good majority of this update’s development time was invested into plugging leaks that degraded performance over runtime, fixing an issue that negatively impacted accuracy when players fired in third-person and a variety of VoIP related problems.
Optimisations targeted toward improving frame-rate will be ongoing throughout Holdfast’s full release.
If you are still experiencing issues with VoIP after this update, kindly let us know of this by posting a thread in the ‘Tech Support & Reports’ board.
Join The Discord! Community
Are you looking to participate in one of the many public line battle events hosted by the community? Share with us your feedback and suggestions about the game? Or perhaps even searching for a good bunch of like-minded players to join or form your own regiment (clan)? Discord is a great place to do just that.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Here’s the entire list of additional features, bug fixes, improvements and content that you’ll find in this update.
Changelog 19 - Game Version 0.18.6886.26661
- Multiple Rounds! The Melee Arena game mode now supports multiple rounds. Reduce the wait-time. You can find the new server configuration commands for this game mode below. These need to be set per map rotation.
» round_spawn_close_timer_seconds 35 - Set the time it takes before the arena gates open for the first round. Set this higher than the timer below to allow some time for players to load the map.
» round_spawn_close_timer_seconds_between_rounds 20 - Set the time it takes before the arena gates open for all the round to follow after.
» amount_of_rounds 15 - Set your desired number of rounds to play before the match ends. The value that you set here must be an odd number to ensure that there is always a victor.
- Announcer! Let others know of your glorious achievements in the Melee Arena game mode. As you ramp up your kill streak, an announcer will broadcast your name to everyone in the match.
- VoIP quality has been improved.
- Plugged several leaks that were degrading performance over long periods of play time on the client.
Quality Of Life Additions
- Renamed the ‘Listen Locally’ option to ‘Test Microphone’ so players have a better understanding of what this feature does.
- Fixed an issue that negatively impacted accuracy when firing in third-person.
- Fixed a bug which was causing certain players to hear robotic-sounding audio when other players spoke through VoIP.
- Fixed a bug which was causing certain players to be unable to hear other players speaking through VoIP. If you are still experiencing the issue after this update, try installing the redistributable linked below.
» Click on the following link to download the redistributable
- Fixed a bug that was causing the End of Match screen to disappear very quickly in the Melee Arena game mode.
- Fixed a bug were an incorrect faction would be displayed as the victor at the end of match screen.
- Attempted fix towards a bug that sometimes causes players to spawn on a ship of the enemy faction whilst playing on the Naval Battlefield game mode.
- Attempted fix towards a bug that sometimes causes an incorrect number of ships to appear in the spawn menu whilst playing on the Naval Battlefield game mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect faction icon to show in the top bar if you spectate a match without joining the round.
- Fixed an error that was being outputted when hitting an enemy player.
- Fixed an error that was being outputted when playing on Fort Salettes.
- Fixed an error that was being outputted when playing on Caribbean.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to go inside the well on Fort Winston.
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect particle to show when players hit a snowy terrain.
We’re working on the next update. Development on the artillery focused update is ongoing.
Once again, thank you very much for your support and until next time, may good health be yours.
Discuss this blog post here.
The Holdfast: NaW team,
- Refleax, Rycon, Dreas, Wrexial, PingPong, Walki, Cameron & Rejenorst
Anvil Game Studios